Root canal therapy replaces infected pulp in a tooth's root canal.
Root canal therapy is not the painful treatment everyone believes it is. Root canals are similar to having a cavity filled, producing minimal pain. More importantly, a root canal can make your tooth function normally again.
Tooth Root Problems & Symptoms
- Inflamed / Infected Tooth Pulp
- Severe sensitivity to hot and cold elements
- Chipped or broken tooth
- Trauma or blow to the tooth (which can darken the tooth)
- Swelling or tenderness near the infected tooth
- Repeated dental procedures on a tooth
Please contact Virginia Dental Center for an evaluation if you experience any of these symptoms.