Providing relief for infected tooth roots
Root canal therapy is necessary when you’re experiencing inflamed or infected tooth roots. When this occurs, you may experience severe discomfort in the affected area. If you are experiencing issues with your tooth roots, you can take comfort knowing that Virginia Dental Center is here to help. We’ll provide comfortable and effective root canal therapy, so you can get back to smiling again.
Symptoms to look for:
- Sensitivity to hot and cold
- Tenderness when chewing
- Tooth discoloration
What is a root canal?
Root canal therapy, also known as endodontic treatment, is necessary when the inside of your tooth becomes infected or inflamed. The inner portion of your tooth that becomes infected is called the pulp. This is a soft tissue in the middle of your tooth that contains blood vessels, nerves, and connective tissue and extends all the way to the root of your tooth.
Root canal therapy involves cleaning the pulp and filling the space with a biocompatible material. This process ensures that the infection and inflammation are removed, and seals the root canals to make sure your tooth remains healthy.
How is root canal therapy performed?
- First, your dentist will examine your tooth and prepare the area for treatment
- Next, your dentist accesses the infected pulp through the crown of your tooth to clean the affected area and make room for the filling
- Once it’s cleaned, the root canal is filled with a biocompatible material and sealed
- When the treatment is completed, your dentist will restore your crown to protect and restore its function
Endodontic treatment isn’t as painful as people claim it to be. With modern technology and skilled professionals, Virginia Dental Center can provide root canal therapy that is comfortable, relieving, and preserves your natural tooth.
Benefits of root canal therapy
- Relieve discomfort
- Similar sensation to getting a cavity filled
- Effective results
- Preserve your natural teeth
Schedule your root canal therapy consultation
Discover how you can find relief from an infected root canal. Contact our office today to learn how we can provide effective and comfortable root canal treatment, and schedule your next appointment.
To schedule your next appointment;
- Call us at (877) 696-9119
- Request an appointment online