Dental crowns replace the structure, function, and esthetics of a damaged tooth
Dental crowns are an effective solution for:
- Decayed or weakened teeth
- Broken or worn-down teeth
- Misshapen or discolored teeth
- Covering dental implants
- Enhancing your smile
- Holding a dental bridge in place
If you find that you’re facing any of these challenges, we can help! With skilled professionals and advanced technology, dental crowns are a reliable method of getting the smile you’ve always wanted.
What are dental crowns?
Dental crowns are essentially a cap that is designed to mimic the look and function of a natural tooth. They are placed on the visible part of the tooth that is above the gum line. Crowns can be stainless steel, all metal, porcelain-fused-to-metal, all resin, or all ceramic. The type of material that is used largely depends on your goals for your crown.
How are crowns placed?
- Your dentist examines your oral health, checking your tooth roots and bone
- The tooth is reshaped to make room for the crown
- Your dentist will make an impression of the tooth to design the crown
- A temporary crown is placed to protect the prepared tooth until the permanent crown is ready
- The temporary crown is removed
- The permanent crown is fitted and adjusted
- Once everything is in place, the permanent crown is cemented into place
Benefits of crowns:
- Protect teeth from further damage
- Restore the look and function of a natural tooth
- When cared for properly, crowns can last for 15 years
Schedule your dental crown consultation…
Discover how dental crowns can help restore your oral health and give you the smile you’ve always wanted. Contact our office to learn more, and schedule your next appointment!
To schedule your next appointment;
- Call us at (877) 696-9119
- Request an appointment online