Striving to provide relief for bruxism and jaw pain in the Arlington community
Do you suffer from jaw pain, earaches, headaches and damaged teeth? You may be grinding or clenching your teeth in your sleep. Clinically, this known as bruxism. If your situation is frequent and severe enough, it could cause significant damage to your oral health and your smile. Thankfully, Virginia Dental Center is here to help provide relief.
What causes teeth grinding and clenching?
- Stress or anxiety
- Snoring or sleep apnea
- Abnormal bite
- Crooked or missing teeth
Options for relief:
- Bite appliances
- Stress management
- Compresses to manage jaw swelling
- Alternating which side of your mouth you chew with
- Massaging or stretching exercises to relax your jaw muscles
Effects of clenching and grinding:
- Worn down or damaged teeth
- Swollen jaw
- Damaged jaw joint (TMJ)
- Damaged dental procedures
Schedule your next appointment…
If you suspect you or your partner clench their teeth in their sleep, we encourage you to visit our office and explore ways to find relief. Learn how you can regain your oral health and revive your smile by contacting our office today!
To schedule your next appointment;
- Call us at (877) 696-9119
- Request an appointment online